NICKI MINAJ x PINK FRIDAY FRAGRANCE LAUNCH

14:27


Selfridges kindly invited me to attend a breakfast party to celebrate the launch of Nicki Minaj's first fragrance 'Pink Friday', yesterday. 
I was really excited when I arrived and met with the online acquisitions manager, who took me on a mini tour of the Selfridges head office. We then went through to the store, where the launch was being held. The event was very nice and they were playing all of Minaj's top songs. There were models dressed up like the star herself, followed by a catwalk and then a mini presentation. I was able to meet with my blogger pal Desiree, sample the fragrance and speak with other lovely bloggers. 

'Pink Friday' is so Nicki Minaj! It just screams and drips with character. The bottle is very Jean Paul Gautier-esque.. well, a more fun, young and trendy looking version. I love the design and the fact that she wasn't scared to draw inspiration from those who have done it before. I didn't quite understand the blue lines on the bust of the bottle though, but all in all the design is very stunning. I mean, the bottle even has a little chain!?! How cool!

I instantly liked the smell of the fragrance, it reminds me of Nina Ricci's 'Ricci Ricci' perfume (one of my faves), because of the strong musk and intoxicating floral tones. It has a very pleasant, yet significant smell that is not over-powering, like many other fragrances. It consists of 'exotic notes of starfruit, Italian mandarin and succulent boyenberry'. I must say Minaj has really impressed me with this one.

Nicki has also introduced 'Couture by Minaj', exclusive to Selfridges. It's basically a way for you to pimp your Pink Friday perfume bottle with little cute costumes. All of the costumes are from her most iconic music videos. I thought the idea was outrageous at first, but now I absolutely love the idea. It brought out the little Barbie loving girl in me. Last night, I was sat on my bed with my mum trying to figure out how to put the 'Starships' costume on my bottle for about 10 mins (lol).

Nicki Minaj Pink Friday 100ml - £39

The celebs are doing very well with their fragrances this year and I'm looking forward to seeing loads more. Thank you for a lovely morning Selfridges!

Tolu x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe