DIAMOND JUBILEE NAILS | UNION JACK

13:00

BRIT JUBILEE NAILS

I love Nail Inc London, the British nail brand, so I'm going to use them to create a stylish & patriotic British nail dasign! :)
I've been seeing a lot of the union jack nails floating around on Tumblr recently and i'm just so excited. It's inspired me to maybe experiment and create my own glittery union jack nail design! Why not? It's actually really easy!

What You Need:

Nail Inc Polishes In: The Hurlingham (Red), St Johns Wood (Blue), Floral Street (White), Burlington Arcade (Glitter - Optional), Orange Sticks, Nail Polish remover, Cotton Buds.

Step 1: Apply a base coat of blue nail polish and wait until it is completely dry.

Step 2: Grab your white nail polish. There's always a thinner edge on nail polish brushes so, using the thin edge on the brush create a star. (4 lines; one vertical, one horizontal and two diagonal in the opposite directions as seen above). Wait until completely dry.

Step 3: Grab your red nail polish. Create a star with a thinner line over the top of the white star just like in the image above.

Step 4: (Optional step) After your nails have dried just for some extra glam, apply a thin layer of glitter nail polish over the top & wait until completely dry.

Step 5: Clean up the edges of your nails with a cotton bud soaked in nail varnish remover. Its always nice to add a clear layer of nail polish to secure and flatten out the whole nail design. Wait until dry, this can often take up to 15mins.

Tip: If this is still a little tricky to achieve the star design, why not use nail art pens or dip the sharp end of an orange stick into your nail polishes and use it as a pen!? You can always clean your  orange sticks afterwards with nail polish. Voila!

Hope that helps! I'd love to see your unique nail designs. Feel free to send me pics so that I can feature them on Fashinate Me's Facebook Page!

Tolu x

(Nail Image from We Heart It)

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I wish my nails could look that nice everytime I do mine.. it looks nothing like that! :)x

    www.roux-derniercri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I understand, try resting your painting hand on something while you paint!
      Always works for me. Thanks for the comment !

      Tolu x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment Patience!
      Really appreciated!

      Tolu x

      Delete
  3. ZOMG I love this! I've just had my first proper shot at some nail art this morning. It feels so fun!

    | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe