THE MIDI SERIES + OOTD!

14:55

I'm too in love with my midi skirts at the moment so I thought I would just share with you fashionistas!

Today is carnival and yes, I am at home on my laptop sipping some hot chocolate! Good times! BUT to all that went to carnival, make sure you show me pics of your day out!

Whilst some are in West London dancing to dagger dagger, Tolu (I) is tucked away in her boudoir typing this blog and swaying to this:


LOL (it's the truth - I LOVE ME SOME FRANK)

Sidebar: After singing very loudly, my sister just shouted at me from the bathroom: "Shut-up, girl! You're from London" - HAHA!

Anyway, so I decided to throw an outfit together, I personally feel crop tops and midi skirts go perfectly with my body shape so I rock them together!

OOTD - 29th August 2011:










Outfit Pieces:

- Khaki Crop Top: Topshop
- Mustard Midi Skirt: Primark
- Cape: Asos
- Scarf: Mums :)

- Gold Colour Earrings: H&M
- Bird Chain: Primark
- Baby Phat Watch: A Gift
Beads: Warehouse
Damask Type Big Cuff: Warehouse
Grey Leather Cuff: Warehouse
Sekonda Watch: A Gift - But you can get these in Argos
Navajo band: Primark

- Studed Wedges: New Look

Nails:

I am curently wearing a lilac-y colour nail varnish, called 'Parma Violet', that I cant get enough of at the moment! I grabbed mine from Toppers for £5. BARGAIN.COM!



Here are some inspirational bits I love in the market at the minute, all styled all of them with midi skirts so you can try out and get your own look:




Opt for a stylish yet casual look with the black midi skirt and brogues. Glam these up with some high heels to change the look to a more stylish look.

Wildfox Top: Psyche.co.uk - £63
Cable Knit Midi Skirt: Miss Selfridge - £27
Chelsea Brogue Shoes: Urban Outfitters - $30
Lagarconne.com: Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel - $895


Rock a leather midi with gold for an edgy look! The blue crop top finishes this outfit off perfectly for me! KILLER!

Blue Crop Shirt: Miss Selfridge - £25
Net-a-Porter: Junya Watanabe A-Line Faux Leather Skirt - $565
Patchwork Platform Loafers: Topshop - $190
Couture.Zappos.com: Alexander McQueen Bag - £$1,795



Midis also look great with a POP of colour here and there! I am totally in love with yellow and orange at the minute!

Rust Skirt: Dorothy Perkins - £15
Net-a-porter: Norma Kamani bikini - $175
Shoes: Christian Louboutin Maggie Leopard Pump - $1,095
Clutch: Asos - $101

Hope you like?! Please comment, subscribe or follow! I'm giving away some prizes sooooon!

Love Tolu - see you soon

x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I love the colour blocking in the last outfit. Never thought of rocking a midi skirt and a cropped top.... Gotta try that. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm happy you like, definitely try the crop with a midi its perfect! Make sure you follow - I'm doing a fab giveaway soon! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your skirt and your cape. The colors go so well together. You look really lovely.

    Patience
    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe